Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Willpower

I really admire Kendi for her ability to stay shop-sober! I have lately had a problem with buying things here and there. Whether it's some new pants, a skirt for work, tops, accessories... you name, I go and get it! Of course me being the girl shopper that I am... I try to find things for less. And I will. But the point of the matter is that I need to just stop. Take a break. And save some money.

I really need to look into my closet and filter out the things that I truly won't wear anymore and just get rid of it. And also look for things that I CAN still wear that maybe I've forgotten about and how I can "recycle" and mix it up. Almost like what Kendi is doing in her 30 for 30 Remix!

From Kendi's 'Ball and Chain' blog post
What made me suddenly inspired? Well, I need to save money. I'm going to Napa this weekend and will probably be spending a lot of money on wine tastings...

And! I am going to Miami in August! I am soooo excited! So, not only do I have to stay shop-sober, but I also have to get back into shape. I've um... let go a bit. And I hide it well with clothes... but in the land of perfect plastic, I want to make sure that I don't stand too far out from the crowd. I also need to tan it up some! I recently picked up Jergen's Natural Glow Firming Lotion so hopefully that helps me darken up some. I am very hesitant about going to tanning salons.. even though I am jealous of how white (or yellow, ha!) I still am compared to my co-workers, who pay visits a couple times a week.

Here's a "before" picture:

My half (Mexican) sister, Sami and I

So pray for me for the following things:

1. Shop-sober
2. Get fit (even though I should do this all the time)
3. Darken up!

8 comments:

  1. 30 for 30 remix is always a tough challenge. I duno if I would ever be able to do that! Good luck! :)

    <3 Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get fit too! Good luck dear.

    http://www.hsquaredfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, Yes! It is tough! I caved this past weekend! ...because I found some tops at BR for cheap.

    h(squared), Good luck to you too! It's hard! I should have started long ago! But my laziness always gets the best of me :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you really don't want to spend money on clothes I would suggest coming to close to being broke that you cannot buy clothes haha...that's not me ;)

    Good luck in Napa girl!

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT blog you have started:) I have heard that the Jergen's is the best, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just discovered your blog and impulse buying is what I am trying to improve upon as well! I'll look forward to your post on Jergen's firming cream although....I think you look great :)

    www.bravoerunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Nadine!

    B.Inspired- you are too kind! And yes, I will report back in about a week and let you know how that Jergen's is working out. Just started!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like these photos. you have beautiful blog, I am your new follower, please visit my new blog and follow me back :)

    www.thefashion-berries.blogspot.com

    have a nice days
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Share some love! I wanna hear from you!