Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Gondolier


 
Let first start off by saying how happy I am to now own a new Rebecca Minkoff Brynn tote! I had heard about the online sale (which ended last Friday) and was hoping to find the Brynn as part of their sale. Of course it wasn't. They had introduced new colors for the season and were full price.  I was quite sad. Then, I read a post  by The Budget Babe that mentioned the sale AND that they had just released quite a few bags at TJ Maxx! I thought well, there's one nearby, I'll stop by and take a gander. To my surprise, and luck, I found the Brynn! And I found it in this gorgeous charcoal color (a good classic color that will go with most outfits).




Every time I put on a combination of black and white stripes and some red accents, I think of a Gondolier. You know, the guys that row the gondolas around the canals of Venice? Yeah, you could say that's where I got my outfit inspiration?




:: Outfit Details ::
Black & White Striped 3/4 Top (old) :: H&M, this one would be cool, but similar here
Black Cotton Pencil Skirt :: Express, similar here
Brynn Tote :: Rebecca Minkoff, also in purple, and in peach!
Red Pumps :: Dolce Vita
Croisette Eyeglasses :: Dior, also seen here, here, here & here 
Red Floral Scarf :: H&M, similar here
Thick Red Leather Belt (old) :: Anne Klein, skinny version here (which is what I originally wanted for this outfit)




Yes, I have these shoes in three colors. I love them! And they were on sale... I'm a sales shopper.




How perfect was it that I also have matching black and white striped glasses?! By the way, speaking of glasses, if you are a glasses wearer, the optician side of me will ALWAYS recommend anti-glare for your lenses. I cannot tell you how much it helps with glare from TVs, computer screens, night time driving, and asphalt glare! People don't always realize that there is still light rays bouncing off all surfaces, causing eye strain! And it also helps cosmetically. You don't see WHITE when you take photos! I also recommend iZon lenses for ALL these things.




Some close ups of the accessories!




And I thought I'd share a close up of the accessories and a random photo bomber! Peepers... what is it about you cats and your curiosity?? You sniff that scarf!

29 comments:

  1. Gorgeous bag! Cute outfit, I love the red accents. The last photo is so adorable with your cat sneaking in there =)

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... thought I'd let him get some internet fame. :P

      Delete
  2. That bag is great! It's always amazing when you find things on sale! I love the shoes too! I really like your blog, it would be nice if you could stop by my blog sometime too (I'm from England) as I post my outfits and more :) :)

    www.raindropsofsapphire.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, exactly you have to do what you are passionate about! i love how you mentioned the gondolier, definitely get that inspiration!! also it is the best when you find something you have been searching for especially a great deal!!!

    -Jessica
    http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally in love with those shoes! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. those red heels are amazing!

    originalnumber.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh great style!!! love it!!!
    visit my blog on http://laviecestchic and on www.facebook.com/laviecestchic hope you like it!!!
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool bag! And you look so classy! totally adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute look! Love how you added the scarf!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The scarf was a last minute decision too :)

      Delete
  9. yes ma'am! :) RSS feed is locked and loaded!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the stripes with red color, so parisienne!

    please take a look at my blog and let me know if you like it, I hope so ;)

    http://angystearoom.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love rebecca minkoff :) i have the 5-zipper clutch!

    161cm.com

    joanne♥choi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I know which one you're talking about. I also have the MAC clutch in yellow! Love her handbags!

      Delete
  12. loving how your accessories match, the red goes great with the simple black and white outfit :)


    myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. loving your scarf

    xx

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love bargains and this bag that you have here is a beauty!
    i love how soft and buttery it looks and how it looks like it will go with any outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is pretty soft. All her bags are. If you haven't had a chance to check out the collection, you should!

      Delete
  15. How much was the bag at TJ Maxx?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana! It was nearly 50% off. Just like her online sample sale was.

      Delete

Share some love! I wanna hear from you!