Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Summer, Summer, Summer Time

It's almost here. Summer! The weather is getting warmer (most days) here in SoCal. I can feel it! So much that I actually wore shorts. And I never wear shorts! I don't know what it is but if I'm going to show off my white legs, I'd much rather do it in a skirt than in shorts. There's something about singling out each leg that makes me feel uncomfortable versus having them both wrapped up in a single chute of fabric. I know it might not make sense to you... it makes sense to me. I think. :P

But alas, here are my bare legs, singled out. Because it's hot. And I'm giving shorts a whirl.













:: Outfit Details ::
Striped Chunky Cable Cardigan :: Banana Republic
Blush Shell :: H&M (current), similar online here
Navy Scalloped Shorts (old) :: Urban Outfitters, cuter version here
Brown Sandals :: Mossimo/Target, also comes in black
Brown Tote (old) :: H&M, also seen here, similar here
Mint Chain Necklace :: H&M, similar here
Feminine Wayfarer Eyeglasses :: Dior 


Happy Friday everyone! Hope you all have some great plans for the weekend. I've got a full plate ahead of me. And, I also plan on not wearing shorts anytime soon. :P 

14 comments:

  1. You look so casual chic in this outfit! I really love those scalloped shorts.

    Just discovered your blog, and it is fabulous. You have a great sense of style. You also have a new Bloglovin follower!! :)

    <3 Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. now I have that song in my head! it's ok, I love that song.

    You look perfect for summer :)

    --Izumi
    HYBRID HUNTER
    I am giving away a crystal necklace from Dixi, enter the giveaway HERE :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah it's the song I think of whenever Summer is on its approach.

      Delete
  3. Cute shorts, love that they almost look like a skirt! Hope you have an enjoyable weekend!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Couldn't pass them up when I saw them at Urban Outfitters!

      Delete
  4. Cute outfit! Love the sandals!
    http://fashionablyspeakn.blogspot.com/2012/06/favorite-things-give-away.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The sandals are really cozy. You might see them a lot this summer!

      Delete
  5. love it, absolutely gorgeous!

    http://fashionhandglide.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. mentioning the single leg wrapped up cracked me up!! i always feel that way too, but don't worry you look great!

    -Jessica
    http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha glad you got a good laugh about my shorts insecurities... jk!! Yeah, it is a funny thought but it's always been how I think about shorts!! I don't know where it came from. Thanks for the compliment ;)

      Delete
  7. You look great, Kat! I think the shorts look wonderful on you! Trust me, my legs are extremely pale, but the way I see it= pale is in, skin cancer is not :) I love your shoes as well!
    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Share some love! I wanna hear from you!