Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Pumped Up (Purple) Kicks

There's no room for Mundane Mondays here. Which is what led me to putting some color on. My goal as of well, 4-5 months ago, was to live outside of my black and gray wardrobe a little and explore colors more often. Luckily, I work in a place where people need my fashion expertise so if I can look the part, they'd be more willing to entrust me with their optical fashion choices. I'm always capable of looking the part but there's always 1. Do I feel like trying? or 2. Do I have anything besides black and gray or anything outside that monochromatic scheme?

Long story short, I've started to add small doses of color into the wardrobe. Luckily, most everything goes with black... And luckily, I've ventured out of the "black heels only" phase.


Hachi, sneaking into the picture...






Sometimes you've just got to stop and *sniff* the flowers

Still couldn't resist some grays in this post. Gotta compromise, right? Like I said, "small doses".

And, of course Hachi wanted in on the shoot.. hence his lil cameo in the first photo. I decided to scrap the original picture I chose and use the one with him in it. He tried so hard to make it in... why not give the diva him some photo love? Let this post be a twist to his old "Hachi Monday" posts (where he can be seen here, unforgettably here, not to mention here, annnnd finally here).


:: Outfit Details ::
Chiffon Floral Blouse :: Francesca's, similar here
Gray Pencil Skirt :: J.Crew, black version here
Purple Pumps :: DV by Dolce Vita, black version here

20 comments:

  1. I like the print of that shirt, and looks great with the heels!

    Seize the Styles

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your pics and those purple heels! would like it if you could take a look at my blog :)

    Figure of Chic

    ReplyDelete
  3. No room for mundane Mondays :) I like that

    xx
    meinmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a pair of purple shoes. I think that is the only color I don't own.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just beginning to build up some color in my shoe collection. It's hard to do with little space to work with! I need a bedroom sized closet!

      Delete
  5. Such a bright and positive blog!You are such a lovely bride!
    u can visit my blog as well anamocca.blogspot.com and join if u would like:))
    kisses,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement! And, actually, I'm not the bride in the photos. But thanks!! I'll pass the words along ;)

      Delete
  6. I love those purple pumps!! They are so beautiful, and look great with that outfit!!

    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute look! I really like your blouse and pumps!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your yorkshire terrier is sooo cute! :)

    161cm.com

    joanne♥choi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty outfit, love the purple color! :)

    Amor GLAMOROZA.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dog is adorable! I adore color, and love that you're stepping outside your comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,

    love those shoes and the skirt!!
    Great outfit!!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. those pumps are gorgeous! great outfit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thanks! Needed some color in my life ;)

      Delete

Share some love! I wanna hear from you!