Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

A Weekend in Maui :: Day 3 Pt 2

Finally! Day of the wedding! And beautiful it was!













The wedding was outdoors on a cliff and overlooking the beautiful Kapalua beaches. It was slightly windy but nothing we could not handle. Guests were given disposable cameras to take photos of the wedding night from their own perspectives so that they bride and groom had something to look forward to later. The tables were arranged with fresh flowers, place settings/menus, and sandals as wedding favors! These sandals would come in handy at the end of the night. We were served tropical cocktails (and beer and wine) before the meal. During dinner, we had shrimp and scallop stuffed gyozas, caprese salad, filet mignon, and wedding cake and cheesecake for dessert!

Throughout the evening, we had a live musician who was singing all sorts of love songs while playing the guitar. He did some awesome covers of various songs. He even took requests! So, we requested "Pour Some Sugar On Me" by Def Leppard but for some reason he laughed... and only played a couple of chords.... after his break, he came back and played at least the chorus and sang, for us!



The bride and groom took their first dance as newly weds and after everyone was done eating and dancing, we all slipped our new flip flops on and went out and lit some wishing lanterns! It took lots of teamwork and effort to get these guys unraveled, lit, and floating in the air. I think everyone enjoyed this. This was a really cute idea. We also lit sparklers too but... my camera died!

All in all, a great wedding. Lots of fun. Very small and intimate group in a beautiful and tropical place.

I hope you enjoyed my Maui photos. Have a great Friday everyone!

For my outfit details, click here.

For more Maui posts, you can visit: here, here, here, here, and here!

18 comments:

  1. The couple is gorgeous and your bold stripes were so appropriate for the setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks gorgeous and amazing!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I just came across your blog, and I love your style! Your wedding looks gorgeous! We are getting married in just two weeks :) I’ve decided to follow your blog! If you get a minute, I’d love to know what you think of my latest outfit post! While you’re visiting, follow along so we can keep in touch! :)
    xo, elle from Living in Color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting!! We sure can follow one another! It's actually a friend's wedding, not mine :P But it was a gorgeous one!

      Delete
  4. I love the back of her dress - I want mine to have that many buttons, it's so elegant.


    You got some great shots. really like the angles on a lot of these.

    I've never heard of wishing lanterns! What culture are those from? They're so romantic though!

    Hope you had an amazing time. So lucky you got to go to Maui.

    -Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe those wishing lanterns are part of Korean culture. This is my first time seeing them as well! It was pretty cool!

      Delete
  5. wow I love weddings. so romantik and the food looks so good

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazing wedding!
    I checked your blog and I like it so much!
    Visit my fashion blog and if you want we can follow each other via GFC and Bloglovin!!
    I'm waiting for u!
    Have a great Saturday!
    www.thecurlylady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful wedding! And it sounds like it was so much fun- the food just sounds amazing- OK, maybe I shouldn't be reading this when I'm hungry hahah.

    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures are amazing what a beautiful wedding!

    www.lifeisjustrosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, beautiful wedding! Bride is glowing and you look beautiful! First time on your blog and loving your style! If you have time, swing by my blog:-) Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous, beautiful pictures, like it.
    parfums

    ReplyDelete
  11. So Lovely pictures. love them all.

    ReplyDelete

Share some love! I wanna hear from you!