Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

I am Titanium

That song is in my head. I stayed up working on some things for work and was scrolling to see what was on TV. Saw that the David Guetta Live concert was on. And though I do like some of his songs to bounce around to, it was kind of boring to watch the concert on TV. He's behind the turntables, the lighting effects don't grasp me the same way as being there in person. And I definitely wasn't you know... Well, if you don't, I won't say. It's one of those things where you have to be THERE.

Anyway, guess what? I'm wearing shorts again. I thought I'd give my white legs a second chance.




Have any of you ever gotten lectured about what you were wearing, by your parents? It's interesting because I was having this conversation with the friendboy's sisters. And their dad always had something to say about them wearing shorts before leaving to go out. And here I am, wearing shorts.




I had friends who's parents always had "the talk" about their dress. I never got that. Growing up, I did not live in a home with both my mom and dad. So I did not have my dad there to tell me, "Don't you dare walk out wearing those things." Actually, come to think of it, I don't think he would tell me that anyway. My mom was always working or at school and wasn't always there to tell me either. Luckily, my parents are each pretty liberal with keeping safety in mind. Besides, I was out of my skin tight tube top midriffs and leather hot pants way before they got home..... JUST KIDDING Mom and Dad if you're reading this...






In junior high/high school, I did however walk out of the house with no make up on and once I got to the gates of school, I would quickly apply my lip-liner and lipstick. I just assumed that my mom would get mad if I wore make-up. I used to play with hers as a kid and she would get so mad that I was "wasting" it (lack of technique and no place to go with it anyway). I just assumed that it translated to "you're not allowed to wear any."




Every parent does have their little thing that gets them. My mom's was boys. Maybe I could go out and wear all my favorite clothes/trends but if a boy called the house she'd say, "Who's that?" I'd respond, "Oh it's for homework." Right.. That's probably how this whole "friendboy" thing came up.




:: Outfit Details ::
Coral Button Up :: H&M, similar here
Striped Tank :: H&M, similar here
Denim Cut Off Shorts :: Forever21
Brown Leather Wedges :: Nine West, similar here
Tillary Tote :: JCrew, leather version here
Sunglasses :: Gucci, tortoise version here
White Leather Sunglass Necklace (borrowed) :: LaLoop




Makes me wonder how I will be as a parent, come those teenage years. What are some of the things your parents would lecture you about?

34 comments:

  1. I love shorts! I think I have too many actually, your bag is super cute too. Really love the red white and blue ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so pretty! :)

    http://mesmemos.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daisy Roadster and CocoJune 28, 2012 at 6:27 AM

    You're 100% right ! If you follow what people say, you'll neverget dressed the way you like !
    Your bag looks like a Céline, Great !
    xx Françoise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your comment. I hadn't thought of the new craze for the big floppy hat, but you are completely right. I can also say that there are very few people who can wear the maxi and pull it off. I'm 5'8 and a half and I still can't do it.


    http://fashionananthropologicalpointofview.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also wanted to say that I love your bag. I'm really into the whole navy/marine inspired thing right now, so I love the colours. Saying that, I also like your top. My parents never really "lecture" me. Generally I know what is acceptable and what isn't.

    http://fashionananthropologicalpointofview.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha that is cute about your parents my mom was very strict like that growing up! i guess im glad for it now because im sure i would have walked out of the house on numerous occasions looking crazy in a not good way hahah

    -Jessica
    http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Yeah, I like them too... I just don't like how I look IN them! Need to tone those thighs o' mine! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why thanks for the nice compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah it does resemble a Celine, doesn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. *Phew* so I'm not the only one that deels that way about a Maxi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, I think for the most part, I did too. But some parents are more conservative than others ;) Glad ours wasn't!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah! Sometimes parents DO know a thing or two ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute look. Love your bag.
    http://anchx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great take on red, white and blue. I would wear this for the fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look so cute! I love the outfit. And your parents sound like mine :) Mine never gave me any talks about the way I dressed but I got LOTS of talks about BOYS! HAHA! I'm sure I'll be the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't even think about it when I put the outfit together!! I'll have to do a remix of this outfit somehow for Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sure I'll be too. It'll be an interesting journey in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the bagggggggggggggggggggg! :D
    backtofive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your bag is really really cute


    xx
    meinmode.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  20. Red Tag Chic Los AngelesJune 30, 2012 at 7:38 AM

    Love the total outfit....esp the purse!!


    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks! Glad I found it at J.Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look stunning!


    b-becky.livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, you look so chic! I love your bag :) xx


    - Victoriawww.VICKITAS.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE your J. Crew bag. This outfit is so great for July 4th.


    $100 Shopbop GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks Ira! And thank you for checking out my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks!! J.Crew - Check them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. cool purse!


    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks! I quite like it myself ;)

    ReplyDelete

Share some love! I wanna hear from you!