Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wishful Wednesday :: Peplum

I'm still in search of a strapless peplum dress that's not white. I have a couple of weddings to go to and I wanted to wear peplum to the last one in Maui, but just couldn't find the right dress. I don't know what it is but when I am looking for something, I become very specific about how I want it to look. Do you ever get that way? Anyway, two more weddings ahead. One in less than a month!!!


ASOS Floral Peplum




I could go really floral. Or is that too busy for a wedding? And, it's no longer strapless.



Mollie Peplum Dress



During my search, I found THIS!! I don't actually like the above dress in Taffeta. I just had to put this up here because it's kind of funny. Reminds me of the 80s. Makes me feel like I should crimp my hair, spray it down with Aquanet, and put it in a side pony tail. Anyway, moving forward...


Alice + Olivia Victoria Peplum


Maybe I ought to go very conservative? But then again, I like the idea of having no straps/sleeves because it's going to be hot. It's summer!!


Nasty Gal Wrapped Peplum


I thought this was cute too. But that deep V worries me. Especially at a wedding.


Dorothy Perkins Stone Lace Top Peplum


Is this too matronly?


ASOS Bandeau Dress w/ Peplum


This might be a little loud, right? Yeah...


Topshop Peplum Scuba Pencil Skirt


Is that too boring and BLACK for a wedding?


Do you see my dilemma here? Suggestions? See a peplum dress that you think is wedding appropriate in the month of July? Please share. I need some shopping help.

12 comments:

  1. I really love the one with lace on it, from DP. Hehehehe.. Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this post, and looking at your choices... Here is what I would choose, and I hope this helps:
    The black Topshop Peplum Scuba Pencil Skirt. Black tends to be warm for the summer but only because I am familiar with this dress I can tell you that the fabric is actually quite light. I think the shape is sexy, yet not too much for a wedding. I would style it with a summery shoe and clutch (a neutral colored wedge, with straw details would be pretty. DVF does the perfect summer wedges). My makeup would be super fresh, that whole 'effortless' thing. My hair would be naturally straight, with a slight curl... Plain diamond studs in, nothing over the top. Maybe this is a little bit on the plain side? But in my head this looks so beautiful together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shapes of those dresses!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way! People don't expect black because it's supposed to be reserved for funerals - but it is still classy and can be 'lightened' up by the way you do your hair and your accessories.
    AhkaVintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow thank you for the serious help here!! :) Sometimes it helps to get a second opinion on things because it helps me visualize. I'll keep this in mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's very slimming (hence me wanting to wear one so bad).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to keep that in mind. I think sometimes alone, it's boring. But you're right. I'll take it up a notch with cute shoes and accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I just want to invite you to join the RIRE giveaway on my blog


    Nice picks by the way. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the invite! I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the black one! And I think black is perfect for a wedding! You can never go wrong with black- you can always dress it up with accessories. Black often seems to be my color of choice for anything formal.
    :)
    Allison
    A's Fashion Files

    ReplyDelete
  11. really loving this trend right now. so fabulous!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

Share some love! I wanna hear from you!