Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Glutton Tuesdays :: Scoops

Summer. Great time to enjoy ice cream. Scoops is by far one of my favorite ice cream places to visit. AND, it's friendboy approved (he's lactose intolerant... don't tell him I told you). Why? Because they actually make some ice cream flavors with soy! So, we can both enjoy the treat! Before, it would just be me that was the ice cream gorger and he'd be the lonely bystander watching me chow down all by myself.




Scoops is located just off of Melrose on the 101 freeway on Heliotrope. It's totally a hipster area just outside of Silverlake, bordering Hollywood. If you remember my post on Cat Eye Vintage Spectacles, they're right next door to Scoops.




Kind of cute. Hanging from the ceiling is a "Scoops" mobile with their little spoons!




They have a decent number of flavors to choose from. Normal flavors such as cookies and cream to red velvet oreo to brown bread. I personally have not tried brown bread but it is their number one flavor and many people's favorites. I always gravitate to chocolate. Old habits die hard.




You get two scoops of ice cream in your cup. So that means you can get two flavors!




Pictured above is the friendboy's soy-based chocolate & maple oreo ice cream flavors.




I opted to go for coffee peanut butter and red velvet oreo! For once I did not do chocolate (that's because I leeched off the friendboy -- muahaha :P ).







You can even suggest flavors to them... however, some people have some odd taste in ice cream... I won't point any one particular "flavor" out...

What's your favorite ice cream flavor?

19 comments:

  1. haha, not sure I'd be super keen on breast milk flavour - I'd give sea salt & chocolate a go though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. STYLE-SQUARED BY Z&MJuly 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM

    YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!:)))
    XOXO






    http://style-squared.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment on my blog!


    Great pics! I LOL'ed at breast milk, although I'd be curious to know what Hell tastes like..haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum! that looks so good!!


    followme@ www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roselets DecenariosJuly 10, 2012 at 2:50 PM

    Ice cream is the best summer treat! Enjoy and keep up the posts! We are following ;)

    The team at www.Roselets.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hah yeah! I agree. On the Sea Salt & Chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahah yeah... we were like 'is that forreal? breast milk?'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Thanks for the visit and follow. And I agree on the summer treat thang! Love ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How can i follow your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love ice cream <3
    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those ice cream flavors look amazing! This looks like a dream place.


    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  12. i've never been! i should go


    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, you should! Are you local Jenna?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, its quite delicious. If you're ever here, its a must visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. you can follow on twitter or bloglovin! :) And GFC!

    ReplyDelete

Share some love! I wanna hear from you!