Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

LA Color Rush



Hope everyone had a great Father's Day weekend. We celebrate the way we know best.. with food. But I'll talk about food later.






I've been a native SoCal girl all my life. I've never lived anywhere else. I'm spoiled by the weather (I get cold when its 70 degrees), the food (as you can see from my gluttony posts), and especially the scenery! Perhaps you're from here and you're thinking, "Pssh! What scenery?" Or... you're not from here and you're thinking, "You mean all that 'graffiti' behind you in those photos?"






I think when I was younger, I never paid much attention to the "writings on the walls" (The literal writings. Not the Destiny's Child's album. Just clarifying). I used to never really understand why people HAD to put all their art on the sides of freeways or on random buildings. But over the years, I've come to appreciate it. I like finding it when I do and my favorites will always be the drawings/paintings off of the 101frwy/Spring Street exit (which they've actually photographed, hung as a banner, and painted over the originals... sad).






I'm also not saying that I like ALL the walls of LA to be painted on. I still enjoy green trees and flowers and a "clean" and a polished look. I just think that some areas have so much more character with people's artwork, proudly displayed for all to see, share, and love. It's a nice rush of color in one moment then back to peace in the next.






Until next time my friends... Oh and... Happy Monday!



:: Outfit Details ::
Chambray Button-Up :: Banana Republic
Skinny Jeans  :: Gap
Blush Pink Shift Top :: H&M, similar here, cute one here
Leather Flats :: Target
Brynn Tote :: Rebecca Minkoff
Asian Fit Tortoise Sunnies (old & discontinued) :: Fendi, similar here

11 comments:

  1. Cute photos! Yeah, I have the striped one from Fossil :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the denim on denim, hun.

    xx Love & Aloha
    Come follow me...
    http://elisharon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sandals <3

    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Super affordable and very cozy. I recommend them to all!

      Delete
  4. love your sandals, so cute. nice outfit :))

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love LA street art. I agree and think there is a difference between street art & tagging. Love the denim on denim look & your shoes are so cute!

    And PS. No twitter for me! :(

    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how laid back yet put together this outfit looks. it's simply magnificent !
    You have a fantastic blog dear x
    www.invalerie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thanks! Hope to see you around more often Chahana!

      Delete

Share some love! I wanna hear from you!