Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Glutton Tuesdays :: Plums Cafe

One of my favorite brunch spots so far has been Plums Cafe down in Costa Mesa. I really enjoy their eggs benedict dishes.


SANTA FE EGGS BENEDICT
Poached Eggs over Peppered Ham & Fresh Baguette Chipotle-Cilantro Hollandaise, Served with Plums Potatoes

Here it is, my favorite dish. I've never really enjoyed eggs this way until a friend of mine that teaches cooking, made poached eggs for us. I really have to learn how to do this (well) at home.

ALDERWOOD SMOKED SALMON HASH
Red Potato, Onion & Pepper Hash, Poached Eggs
Dill Hollandaise, Served with Organic Nine Grain Toast

Very colorful arrangement. I was impressed with the poached eggs on top. Really adds that pop (literally) to the dish.



PLUMS FAMOUS DUTCH BABY
A Deep Dish Pancake Skillet Baked, Powdered Sugar & Lemon


Everything there was delicious! I'm glad someone in our party opted to get the Dutch Baby Pancake. I really enjoy it but can't eat a sweet breakfast by itself. I have to have my savory items. I've got to have my eggs.

What's nice about the Dutch Baby is that the lemon sprinkled on it really makes it refreshing. It takes a bit longer to make, but as they say at Plum's, it's well worth the wait. And I can attest to that!

Not pictured:

CHOCOLATE COCOA BANANA WAFFLE 
Salty Caramel, Oregon Hazelnuts & Whipping Cream

Forgot. Sorry. It was good though. But I still prefer my savory breakfast foods (even with me being the choc-o-holic that I am).

What are you favorite breakfast foods? If you're from Los Angeles and have a favorite breakfast/brunch spot, please share!!

14 comments:

  1. That pancake thing looks amazing!! I'm going to have to check this place out! ;)
    :)
    Allison


    P.S. I'm having an INTERNATIONAL $75 Shopbop giveaway on my blog, so don't forget to enter! :)
    A's Fashion Files
    $75 Shopbop Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow looks good


    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this looks good!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. petitsweetcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link! I'll be sure to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. romantiqueobsessionJuly 29, 2012 at 2:08 PM

    yummy now I'm hungry


    http://romantique-obsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know, right? That's why I try not to look back at my own photos when I haven't eaten yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god this looks so good! Jealous!!! Love your photos, and your blog <3


    http://highstitchedvoice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! Just went back there this past weekend... still delicious ;)

    ReplyDelete

Share some love! I wanna hear from you!