Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Glutton Tuesdays :: Gary Danko

Have you been following on Instagram or on Twitter?? If so, then you've been seeing me in all my fatness, prancing around the city of San Francisco, eating my way through.

We started our trip with QUITE the dinner. Gary Danko.It currently has a one Michelin star rating. It has been one of the restaurants on my "to dine" list! We were lucky enough to get a reservation however, it was VERY late. The last of the evening... at 10PM.

My girlfriend C and I were very ambitious and decided to each get a 4 course meal. We're thinking, "Eh... the plates are probably small. It'll be fine." You have the option of going from 3 to 5 courses. The friendboy opted to go with 5. Of course, we studied the menu before going too. BUT, we didn't notice til later that everyone's dishes around us were HUGE! Well, huge as in, it's a lot of food for 4-5 courses to eat in one sitting.

Here's a peak at some of our dishes...

Seared Sea Scallops with Beluga Lentils, Red Peppers, Madras Curry Vinaigrette and Mint



Made the right choice by going with this dish. Great start to a over-fulfilling ending.


 Roast Maine Lobster with Potato Pur©e, Chanterelle Mushrooms, Corn and Tarragon





This Maine lobster was QUITE tasty and buttery! Melted in our mouths!

Lemon Pepper Duck Breast with Duck Hash, Bacon Braised Endive and Huckleberry Sauce
Not a huge duck fan but this was REALLY good! May even be my fave of the dishes we all ordered.


Seared Filet of Beef with Yukon Potatoes, Swiss Chard, Tomato-Corn Relish and Basil Butter

So full that I maybe had two bites and I was down for the count!


Roasted Pork Belly and Tenderloin with Bacon and Pea Stew, Roasted Peppers and Maple Cider Glaze

We were quite full when this dish came out. It was one of C's last dishes. We were so full, we couldn't taste some of our food anymore! We overworked our taste buds!

Strawberry Souffle with Strawberry Sauce and Strawberry Sorbet

I thought this was different. We thought to try this one since we've never had a strawberry flavored souffle. Quite tasty but not overly sweet.

Baked Chocolate Souffle with Two Sauces

I've always got to try everyone's souffles. This one had both the vanilla bean sauce and a dark chocolatey cocoa sauce poured into the center. It was also an airier cake... almost like a light mousse.


Assorted Cookies

So cute! I couldn't even try them because I was so full. :(


Pineapple Cake for the Ladies

Nice touch! A gift for the ladies to take home with them after dinner.

The cool thing about their course menu is that you get to choose your own courses. They don't even have to be from each category (appetizer, main, dessert). You can pick 5 entrees if you wanted to. You can pick all appetizers OR desserts. It's your choice.

Go if you have a chance! :)

Until later... have a great day! I'll be rollin' around ;)

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, I am in love with food. You caught me.

      Delete
  2. gorgeous pics!

    http://navlandstyle.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yoU! I feel like I could have done better.

      Delete
  3. This makes me hungry! Beautiful pictures, good job!

    xx
    meinmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, they make me hungry too!

      Delete
  4. Looks deicious, I didn't eat dessert for so long because of my sport

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh... Yeah, I have no discipline when it comes to eating chocolate desserts... :(

      Delete
    2. Ahh... Yeah, I have no discipline when it comes to eating chocolate desserts... :(

      Delete
  5. OMG those desserts look so amazing...those soufflés are making me want something sweet! :)
    :)
    Allison
    A's Fashion Files

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This looks yummy!:)


    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yummy!! If I'm ever in SF I'll try it! :)

    -Stephanie
    @SweetsAndChicBoutiques.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well everything looks really good!!! Great pics by the way!.

    http://linastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Share some love! I wanna hear from you!